ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Paintings by Carolina Elizabeth


Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin and Me

Still Life with Pear and Ceramic Jug,  Oil on 4"x6" Linen Panel
Click here to bid
I have admired and so loved the quietness of Chardin's work for years. These gloriously timeless works have inspired my latest paintings. The one above being the first completed. I am excited about what he has taught me through the brush strokes he left on his canvas.

The jug in the painting, I found during my Christmas visit to San Antonio. One of my sisters, spoiled me by taking me to the cutest antique shop I have ever entered and gifted me a gorgeous antique glass vase and a beautiful enamel container, both of which I can't wait to include in still lifes.

3 comments:

  1. Great compostion and yes the influence is there!
    your edges are very well done. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete