ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Saturday, April 28, 2012

THINGS WITH WINGS

 "Bee"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

 "Dragonfly"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

"Butterfly"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I continue to love drawing small, mixed media sketches on distressed pages from old dictionaries.  I am using a playful combination of ink, colored pencils, pastels, ink and watercolor washes on damaged and discarded books.  I am an avid book lover and teacher so I treasure books and am dismayed when I discover a book has been damaged in my classroom.  Our school librarian shares my love of books and has been saving "rescued" books so my art students and I can give them new life.

I am building up my inventory in this series of drawings and have finally opened an Etsy store where I am selling prints and hope soon to also sell some of the originals.  I have a booth at an upcoming art festival where I plan to unveil the originals before I offer them for online purchase.  Please visit my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/flyingshoes or drop by my booth at the Sunflower Art, Food and Wine Festival in Guymon, OK on June 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment