ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Distant Stream

"A Distant Stream"
8x10
oil on oil primed canvas
This is a scene from a trip to Colorado. I am experimenting with various types of painting surfaces.  This painting was done on canvas that I primed with oil primer myself.  It is less expensive than buying oil primed canvas and is not as slick to work on.  Every time I think I've found the best surface to work on, I do a stinker of a painting and have to rethink things.  I talked to a plein air painter in Gerome, Arizona on our recent trip there and learned that he paints with synthetic brushes.  So I tried using them in this painting.  I think it helped me to paint with a lighter touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment