ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blue Enameled Pot and Red Tomatoes

Blue Enameled Pot and Red Tomatoes
12x12 Oil on Canvas
by Cheri Wollenberg
This painting is from an image I photographed several years ago.  An artist friend brought in a basket full of very ripe tomatoes, green beans, and black-eyed susan flowers.  My goodness did we ever have a "photo shoot".  We arranged them in baskets, pots, and in every possible way  that we could imagine in a matter of very little time.  The experience we had was in itself beautiful.  The delights that artists have are so playful and childlike.  To my knowlege, I think the tomatoes were the only things I actually painted from life.  What a shame!  But, I have countless resources and sometimes I open that folder and remember my dear little friend - who has since moved away to another state.  I enjoyed painting Blue Enamel Pot and Red Tomatoes.  It has a real country mood to it.  Reminds me of other times in my past

No comments:

Post a Comment