ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Raspberries in Rice Bowl

Raspberries in Rice Bowl
8x8 Oil on Canvas
by
Cheri Wollenberg

Last summer my husband and I were playing golf. We were at the 6th Tee and it is alongside an old farm fence at the golf course. I spotted these wonderful raspberries growing wild over and through the fence and I exclaimed to my husband that I had to have a few. He ducked his head (laugh) because he is a serious golfer. I think he was hoping that I was teasing. While no one was looking I slipped over, chopped some of them away, stickers and all....placed them in my golf bag and as soon as I got home I set them up in a still life.   I have to admit....I had a wonderful time with my husband, but the excitement and anticipation of painting this little composition ranked very high on my "joy" list that day.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog, Cheri. Love the raspberrries, a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see your work, Cheri!

    ReplyDelete