ORIGINAL ARTWORK CREATED BY OKLAHOMA ARTISTS

All Artwork Available for Purchase

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Warehouse Market Building


My friends know that grocery shopping is low on my favorites list of mandatory tasks...I'd so rather be painting. Having said that, if I could go back in time several decades, I believe shopping at this place might have been much more enjoyable. In the 1930s, this lovely deco building was home to Tulsa's main market. It's so wonderful that we can still enjoy the building today even though it's no longer a grocery store! More details about the painting can be read on my blog.

I gasped with delight when I saw this terrific full moon at dusk one evening this fall next to the tower. Just knew it would have to be painted someday. Acrylics, prepped 10 x 8" mdf panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment